8th ALTER-Net Summer School
Sep 04, 2013 12:00 AM
Sep 14, 2013 12:00 AM
|Contact Name||Sanna-Riikka Saarela|
Accepted delegates only.
|Add event to calendar||
Open to young graduate and post-graduate scientists from both within and outside the network partners, the ALTER-Net Summer School provides an innovative atmosphere for thinking and resolving the sustainability challenges that society is currently facing.
ALTER-Net Summer Schools have been running since 2006 and offer students a unique opportunity to learn about current issues in biodiversity and ecosystem services.
Previous Summer Schools have focussed on:
- Biodiversity and ecosystems in Europe;
- Ecosystem processes, function, services and benefits;
- Resilience of social and natural systems;
- Relationship between biodiversity and ecosystem services;
- Valuation of biodiversity and ecosystem services;
- Linking biodiversity research with policy and the public;
- Participatory methods;
- Conflict resolution.
For full details and to register see: http://www.alter-net.info/about-alter-net/what-we-do/training-summer-school/summer-school. The closing date for applying is 30 April 2013.